Are you an ANA-Illinois member? Log in to see event pricing for members.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
ANA-Illinois is proud to present our first webinar in 2020 – Marijuana & Your Patients
In 2019, The Illinois Legislature expanded access to medical marijuana and enacted a law that legalizes the recreational use of marijuana in the state. It is important that nurses understand the new policies in Illinois and how they impact our patients.
This program will cover the following material:
- Recognize the science behind cannabinoid receptors and their physiology
- Discuss which patients are eligible for medical cannabis therapy in the state of Illinois
- Discuss the strains of cannabis and the differences between them
- Examine the cautions and contraindications of medical cannabis therapy
- Discuss how recreational use may impact your patients
- Explore nursing implications related to the care of those using medical and/or recreational marijuana.
CE is jointly provided by the Illinois Nurses Foundation and ANA-Illinois.
This program will be presented by: Joseph Friedman, R.Ph. MBA & Karen Kelly, EdD, RN, NEA-BC.
About Joseph Friedman:
Joseph Friedman R.Ph. MBA was the founding member and principal at Professional Dispensaries of Illinois, (PDI) Medical LLC, a unique medical cannabis dispensary owned and operated by healthcare professionals (Pharmacists and Nurses) and cannabis experts. PDI Medical was sold to a premier grower based in Illinois in January 2019.
He has a pharmacy degree from the University of Illinois College of Pharmacy, and an MBA from Illinois’ Lake Forest Graduate School of Management.
About Karen Kelly:
Dr. Karen Kelly is a retired nurse educator; an experienced author/editor; skilled in planning/implementing continuing nursing education programs, and an engaging speaker on professional issues in nursing with expertise in health policy and autism in the family.
This activity has been submitted to the Ohio Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Ohio Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
Register For This Event
Bookings are closed for this event.