Are you an ANA-Illinois member? Log in to see event pricing for members.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
ANA-Illinois is proud to present this webinar – Marijuana & Your Patients
In 2019, The Illinois Legislature expanded access to medical marijuana and enacted a law that legalizes the recreational use of marijuana in the state. It is important that nurses understand the new policies in Illinois and how they impact our patients.
This program will cover the following material:
- Recognize the science behind cannabinoid receptors and their physiology
- Discuss which patients are eligible for medical cannabis therapy in the state of Illinois
- Discuss the strains of cannabis and the differences between them
- Examine the cautions and contraindications of medical cannabis therapy
- Discuss how recreational use may impact your patients
- Explore nursing implications related to the care of those using medical and/or recreational marijuana.
CE is jointly provided by the Illinois Nurses Foundation and ANA-Illinois.
This program will be presented by: Joseph Friedman, R.Ph. MBA & Karen Kelly, EdD, RN, NEA-BC.