Are you an ANA-Illinois member? Log in to see event pricing for members.
Bank of Springfield Center
1, Convention Center Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62701
8:00 am - 2:30 pm
ANA-ILLINOIS IS PROUD TO HOST OUR 26TH ANNUAL EVENT IN SPRINGFIELD.
Our 2024 event will:
- spark discussion, encourage learning, and foster connection.
- deliver relevant and timely content for the current state of nursing in Illinois.
- energize and fuel the growth of future nurse leaders!
Cost, and Who Can Attend?
The event fee is $35 to attend and open to student nurses of all ages.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER – Marcus D. Henderson MSN, RN
Marcus D. Henderson, MSN, RN is a PhD Candidate at the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing and Doctoral Fellow in the SAMHSA Minority Fellowship Program at the American Nurses Association. Mr. Henderson is a dynamic speaker, leader, and psychiatric nurse with professional experience working in community-based, inpatient psychiatric, and academic settings. Mr. Henderson holds various local, state, and national leadership roles, including inaugural member of the National Commission to Address Racism in Nursing and the National Chairman of HOSA-Future Health Professionals. Mr. Henderson previously served as a member of the American Nurses Association Board of Directors and is a co-author of The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity report. Mr. Henderson received a BSN and MSN in Health Leadership from the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. He also holds a certificate in Health Care Innovation from the Perelman School of Medicine.
STOP THE BLEED
With three quick actions, you can be trained to save a life. The number one cause of preventable death after an injury is bleeding. That’s why we want to provide you with STOP THE BLEED training. A bleeding injury can happen anywhere. Life-threatening bleeding can happen in people injured in serious accidents or disasters. Instead of being a witness, you can become an immediate responder because you know how to STOP THE BLEED.
At Student Nurse Political Action Day on April 16th, Loyola University Medical Center is excited to be able to provide STOP THE BLEED Hands on Skills training to students and faculty in attendance. Hands on skills classes will take place in the morning prior to the start of the formal presentations. Class times will be 8:15am, 8:45am, and 9:15am. All classes will end prior to the start of the SNPAD programing. You must complete the online STOP THE BLEED Interactive Course prior to your arrival to your Hands on Skills training at SNPAD. We ask you bring your completion email with you for verification. If you do not have proof of your completion of the STOP THE BLEED online instruction course, you will be unable to participate in the Hands on Skills training.
Space is limited. First come, first served.
How to Register for Stop the Bleed:
- Please call and leave a message or speak with Amanda Oliver (708-216-4336) or email Amanda.Oliver@luhs.org. In e-mail/voicemail leave your name, school, phone number, email and date/time you would like to take STOP THE BLEED.
- You will receive an e-mail with your confirmation of registration within 48 hours.
- Complete online training at: https://www.stopthebleed.org/training/online-course
- Print email of completion or have readily available on your mobile device for verification on April 18th.
- Arrive to Student Nurse Political Action Day to the designated Stop the Bleed area (stanchioned off area of round tables) 5 minutes prior to your class start time. Please have your e-mail of completion with you.
- **If courses become full, a wait list will be started. If you are moved up from the wait list, you will be notified by e-mail. **
- **You must be registered for Student Nurse Political Action Day to participate in Stop the Bleed**
Register for Student Nurse Political Action Day
Individuals seeking to participate and register on their own, not with a school or group, may register online.
Schools/Colleges of Nursing wishing to register as a group should use the form below. The form must be completed and sent to Jessica Mahnke firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29th at 5p. An invoice will be generated and sent to the college of nursing if paying by credit card. If paying by check the payment must be received in the office prior to the event.
Don’t forget about our poster contest – Theme –There is No Healthcare without NURSES – MORE DETAILS
Continuing Education Credit
2.5 hrs of nursing continuing education contact hours will be co-provided by ANA-Illinois and the Illinois Nurses Foundation to attendees who attend the entire session and complete the evaluation. The Illinois Nurse Foundation is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91).
Interested in being a Sponsor?
Encourage LEARNING, & Foster CONNECTION. Slots are limited and are filling fast! – MORE DETAILS