The ANA-Illinois Board of Directors announces a second Call for Consents for appointed positions.
The board wishes to announce we still have several opening and would request that as you consider volunteering your time and talent, please take a look at the committees with open seats below:
Awards Committee – one-year term
Responsibilities include recruiting nominations for three award categories (Clinical Practice, Nurse Influencer, and Student Nurse of the Year). Committee reviews & scores nominations and presents recommendations to the Board of Directors by August 15th of each year.
ANA-Illinois Co-Consultant to the Student Nurses Association of Illinois (SNAI)* (one open position)
The consultant serves several major purposes:
- To assist elected officers to identify issues, problems, and alternatives as they carry out their legal, fiduciary, and organizational responsibilities;
- To provide students in leadership positions with information about professional issues and positions taken by ANA-Illinois;
- To strengthen organizational ties between SNAI and ANA-Illinois by serving as a liaison between the two associations;
- TO provide continuity to SNAI where the student leadership is short-term, and changes compositions from year to year;
- To act as a professional role model and mentor.
*For this position, the ANA-Illinois Board of Directors approves the appointment of the individual(s) whose names are then forwarded to the SNAI for consideration.
Bylaws Committee (three open positions) – two-year term
Responsibilities include the review and interpretation of ANA-Illinois bylaws. Recommend corrections or amendments and draft proposed text of all amendments.
Membership Committee (new committee, at least 5 open positions) – two-year term
Responsibilities include recommending strategies to increase membership, member engagement and retention, welcome new members, recommend opportunities that meet the needs of existing members, recommend strategies to re-engage lapsed members, and monitor membership statistics and trends.