Members of the ANA-Illinois elect new leadership
The American Nurses Association – Illinois (ANA-Illinois), the state’s largest professional nursing association for registered nurses in all practice settings, has elected new leadership.
ANA-Illinois leadership includes nurse leaders from across the state and with a variety of backgrounds. The elected leaders’ unique experiences are sure to enhance the work of ANA-Illinois and its vision of being the recognized leader of professional nursing and nurses in Illinois.
The newly elected board members are as follows:
- President: W. Zeh Wellington DNP, RN, NE-BC, Director of Procedural Care – Surgical Services, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Secretary: Gloria E. Barrera MSN, RN, PEL-CSN, Certified School Nurse, Visiting Clinical Associate, District 99; UIC
- Director: Stephanie Mendoza DNP, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, Clinical Nurse Consultant ll, UI Health
- Director: Armando Valdez Martinez MSN, RN, MEDSURG-BC, CMSRN, NE-BC, CNML, Nursing Supervisor, Advocate Health
Also elected were members to the Nominations Committee and Representatives to the ANA Membership Assembly.
- Nominations Committee: Feyifunmi Sangoleye PhD, RN, Administrative Nurse ll, University of Illinois Hospital and Healthcare System
- ANA Representative: Elaine Hardy PhD, RN, Dean of Academic Affairs, St. John’s College of Nursing
- ANA Representative: Roshni Shah MSN, RN, Faculty, DePaul University
- ANA Representative (Alternate): Diana Ortega BSN, RN, Staff Nurse/Ambulatory, Rush Oak Park Hospital
The new board members will join the following directors whose terms continue through October of 2024:
- Monique Reed PhD, MS, RN – Vice President
- Jeannine Haberman DNP, MBA, RN, CNE – Treasurer
- Samuel Davis Jr. MHA, RN, CNOR – Director
- Diana Ortega BSN, RN, – Director (appointed to fill vacancy)
- Hannah Shufeldt MSHCM, BSN, RN – Director (Recent Grad)