Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
The new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion standing committee will build upon the efforts of the Expert Panel and work to empower the nursing community: institutions, practitioners, leaders, students, staff, and faculty to eliminate health disparities due to intentional and unintentional discrimination, marginalization, and racism. This committee also explains, promotes, and encourages the DEI mission while holding the association accountable and ensuring this work remains a priority.
- Assist the Board of directors in creating an inclusive environment that promotes equity in the association;
- Collaborate with the Program Committee to develop educational programs and resources to help maximize diversity, strengthen equity, and optimize inclusion in the nursing community;
- Guide and work with other stakeholders to support policies that reduce health inequities;
- Serve as an expert resource for the healthcare community regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exploring the Relationship Between Health Inequities and Social Inequality in America
- Microaggressions, Unconscious bias, and Structural Racism
- Understanding the differences; Cultural Awareness, cultural competence, cultural humility, and cultural sensitivity.
- Critical Race Theory – Implications for inclusion pedagogy and inclusive excellence
To register for the webinars click here