One of the greatest honors is to be recognized by peers and experts for the outstanding quality of work and contributions that are made. ANA-Illinois is providing opportunities for such recognition through our annual recognition awards. Nominations are open through August 31st. Awards will be presented during the Virtual Professional Issues Conference on November 6th. Descriptions of the awards and eligibility criteria are details below and can be found on our website at https://www.ana-illinois.org/ana-illinois-awards/
Clinical Practice Award recognizes an exemplary nurse who provides evidence of a high level of skill in patient care through improving clinical practice and patient-centered outcomes.
- A registered nurse licensed in the state of Illinois
- Is currently providing patient care in any specialty
- Have at least five years of experience
- Demonstrate evidence-based ability to design, implement, and evaluate evidence-based practice changes and or quality improvement initiatives in order to promote improved patient outcomes
Nurse Influencer Award recognizes an exemplary nurse who has influenced the science of nursing practice or care delivery system, a group/community/population (patient or other care providers) sick or well, contributes to health or its recovery (or to peaceful death) in any care or community setting (at any level, local, regional or national level), or the profession of nursing through education, advocacy, policy or practice.
Defined by Mariam Webster an Influencer (noun): “one who exerts influence, a person who inspires or guides the actions of others”.
- A registered nurse currently practicing in any specialty in the state of Illinois
- Must be an ANA Illinois member or must be nominated by an ANA-Illinois member
- Demonstrated evidence of this nurse’s influence over the science of nursing practice or care delivery system, a group/community/population (patient or other care providers) sick or well, contributes to health or its recovery (or to peaceful death) in any care or community setting (at any level, local, regional or national level), or the profession of nursing through education, advocacy, policy or practice.
Student Nurse of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding student nurse who exemplifies compassion, exceptional promise in clinical expertise, and academic achievement- the underpinnings of nursing excellence.
Nominees for this award will deserve recognition for outstanding achievement, exceptional academic or clinical ability, or exemplary compassion and caring toward their clients and peers during their years of study.
Pre-licensure student nurses studying in Illinois