It’s January, which means that the talk of New Year’s Resolutions is here! But resolutions mean more than going to the gym to lose 10 pounds or finally repainting the living room to the color you have picked out for 2 years. New Year’s Resolutions are a great opportunity to make new and impactful career goals.
Let’s explore five New Year’s Resolutions that can advance nurses toward a more fulfilling and successful 2024.
5 New Year’s Resolutions for 2024:
Get Involved In Nursing Politics:
- Stay in the know about legislation that affects nursing. It’s an election year, which means it’s a year to change policies for the better. ANA-Illinois action alerts bring updates via email to members about the changing policies in nursing. Knowledge is power and the key to making lasting change! Learn more here.
Nominate a Colleague For an Award:
- Do you know someone deserving of an award? What goes around comes around, and acknowledging colleagues for their achievements is one of the best things to do! Opportunities are open to all nurses across Illinois. Nominate someone for the INF 40 under 40, or the INF Illinois Nurse of the Year Award! Visit the Illinois Nurses Foundation website to learn more.
Inspire the Next Generation:
- In a world that gives attention to the negative, push through that noise and share your passion for nursing. On April 16th, ANA-Illinois will host its annual Student Nurse Political Action Day (SNPAD). This event is the place to be for senior nursing students looking for discussions, learning opportunities, and networking connections. Save the date!
Find Mentorship Connections:
- Mentorship is needed at any step in your career. There is always more to learn. ANA’s mentorship program can provide nurses the connections they need to move forward in their careers. Learn more about mentorship through ANA-Illinois today!
Join a Nursing Organization – ANA-Illinois:
- Become a member of ANA-Illinois! Membership gives nurses access to many Continuing Education opportunities, mentorship, networking, and more. Learn about events that help shape the future of healthcare, and be part of an organization that works to benefit you and your nursing career! Join today!
Kicking off the New Year
As we start the new year, let’s embrace the opportunity for growth and advancement in our nursing careers. Getting involved, finding mentorship connections, and joining a nursing organization are just a few resolutions that will elevate your nursing career. On April 17, ANA-Illinois will be at Nurses Day at the Capitol. Join us at this event and tell us all about your New Year’s Resolutions!